Warning Signs of a Troubled Marriage
Some people compare marital problems to cancer. Why? Because the earlier you find out about cancer and cure it, the higher your chances of survival. Marital issues are much like the same thing. If you don’t do something about it right away, it can ruin your marriage until the next thing you’ll know, you’re signing divorce papers. But if you address your problems the moment you detect it, you dramatically increase your chances of saving your relationship. Here are the warning signs that your marriage may be headed downhill.
1. You don’t talk. When you no longer communicate to each other like you used to, communication will start to deteriorate. And when you try to communicate it only leads to one partner feeling insecure, depressed, frustrated, disregarded or wanting to quickly withdraw from the conversation, it is a strong sign that something is not right in your marriage and it has to be fixed right away.
2. There is a third party involved. Your marriage will benefit from counselling, when one or both of you are thinking of having an affair or either one of you has had one. It is possible to recover from an affair, but it is not an easy process. It requires both parties to be willing to forgive, move forward and commit to counselling. Only then will the marriage can be salvaged.
3. You always fight over money. It is common for couples to fight about money. In fact, it is one of the most typical causes of marital conflicts among many couples.
4. There is no more intimacy. If the fire has stop burning between the two of you and it seems as if you’re merely occupying the same space, intimacy instantly fades. Letting this happen is risky for any relationship especially when you or your partner would rather sleep with the dog than be together in the same bed because you only end up fighting and never making up.
5. You fight about the same issues over and over again. This is a clear sign that you are not handling your issues well and that you’re not communicating effectively to solve them. Without good and open communication your problems will just be buried like land mines which will instantly explode when something or someone pulls the trigger.
6. When the only reason to stay together is the children. Couples who think that it is wise to hold on to a broken marriage just for the sake of the children are often wrong. In fact, it can be detrimental to the children, if you stay together despite unresolved issues. However, if you are able to resolve the issue and rebuild the relationship with the help of a marriage counsellor, then it might just turn out to be a good decision for everyone involved.
To be aware of the sigs of marriage troubles is not enough. Again, it’s like realising that you have cancer and still you don’t do anything about it. But it’s almost impossible to do it all on your own. You and your partner will need professional help to save your marriage during challenging times.http://daily-blogger.com/warning-signs-of-a-troubled-marriage/http://daily-blogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Signs-of-a-Troubled-Marriage-1024x683.jpghttp://daily-blogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Signs-of-a-Troubled-Marriage-150x150.jpgToday's Postrelationships,Signs of a Troubled Marriage