Wedding sparklers can be a wonderful addition to your wedding if you are thoughtful with how you’ll use them, but there are plenty of mistakes that can be made that can ruin your wedding or even cause an injury. Too often I hear horror stories about how wedding sparklers have gone terribly wrong during a reception, and it breaks my heart every single time. Here are a few common mistakes to avoid at your wedding when using sparklers so you can have an amazing experience rather than a trip to the emergency room.

Wrong Venue

One of the easiest mistakes to make when planning to use sparklers at your wedding is to choose the wrong venue. Not all venues allow wedding sparklers to be used, so that should be the very first thing you ask if they are part of your dream wedding concept. Many brides buy their wedding sparklers before confirming that they’re allowed at the venue and then they’re stuck eating the cost from their budget.

Wrong Amount of Sparklers

Another common mistake is buying either too few or way too many sparklers for your guests. You certainly don’t want to run out of sparklers before the end of your reception, but at the same time buying too many can be a costly mistake as well. It’s always good to buy 2 sparklers for each guest so you have enough to use but not so many that you’re left with a full case after your wedding reception is over.

No Way to Light Them

Wedding sparklers are only useful if you can light them, and that can be easier said than done. It take a few seconds to light a sparkler, and so if you are using an ignition source that only lights one at a time it can be a real problem. Consider something like a candle that allows your guests to light several sparklers at once or have custom matchbooks printed up so that each guests can light their own sparkler without having to wait for their turn.

Proper Disposal

After you’re done using your wedding sparklers, it can seem like a great idea just to toss then into the trash bin along with your paper plates, napkins, and other combustible trash. However, even if your sparkler appears to be finished, there can still be enough heat or burning embers to light a fire and quickly turn your wedding into a disaster. Make sure you have a bucket of sand or water for your guests to use to properly extinguish their used sparklers all the way. Also, make sure you have a fire extinguisher on hand as well just in case to be on the safe side.

Wrong Size Sparklers

Depending on how you plan to use them, certain sizes of sparklers work better than others. I usually recommend that couples buy 36” wedding sparklers to be on the safe side since you can easily extinguish a sparkler that is burning too long but you can’t add duration once you’ve lit a sparkler. Though shorter sparklers will often work in certain situations, it’s always best to buy the longest wedding sparklers you can find to avoid the mistake of them being too short.

http://daily-blogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/using-wedding-sparklers.jpghttp://daily-blogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/using-wedding-sparklers-150x150.jpgadminToday's Posthow to use wedding sparklers,using wedding sparklers
Wedding sparklers can be a wonderful addition to your wedding if you are thoughtful with how you’ll use them, but there are plenty of mistakes that can be made that can ruin your wedding or even cause an injury. Too often I hear horror stories about how wedding sparklers...